Friday 27 October 2017

Peace

I am filled.

Something warm, soft, and full.

I sit outside.

The air is crisp.

The chill does nothing to lessen the heat within.


Purity.

Acceptance.

Love.

All of these words hint at all that's inside,

Yet none describe

Quite well enough.


I can feel.

I'd forgotten what that was like.

I'd gotten so used to living in a dull grayscape,

I didn't realize all of the colors I had been missing.


As the season turns, 

I transform.

I can fly now.

What I didn't know

Was that I had wings all along.


I am finding that the mountain I was climbing,

Doesn't have to be so daunting.

With gentle hands, I was shown,

The mountain is little more than a molehill.


Words are flowing now.

A dam now unblocked,

Letting free what I didn't know was trapped.


Life is good.

I didn't know that I had forgotten what good was.

Now I know.

Now I know, and I am so fucking grateful.


I am grateful.

I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment