Friday 8 June 2018

The End.

I can't reach you.

You've built a wall I cant hope to breach.

We used to dance,

Sing,

Love.


We were what others hoped to one day have.


I'm helpless for solutions.

I have tried so much.

Now every single answer,


It just seems to lead to the end.


I can't keep going alone.

We're supposed to be a team.

A partnership.


I'm angry.

I'm angry because I'm frustrated.


You sit on the couch in silence.

You don't speak to me.


Until she comes home,

I'm led to believe you're not home either.


Once she entered our lives,

I thought this was good.

That we could grow.

Expand.


Instead she became a wedge.

Between us,

Building that fucking wall.


Now we sit.

In this god awful,

Soul tearing,

Thousand needles to the eyes,

Screamingly loud,

Silence.


We were music.

We were tearful laughter.

Passionate breath.

Clasped hands.

Dancing.

We were good.


We were so fucking good.


Slow and quick.

Painful yet inevitable.

The end is coming.

It's coming and I just cant find any other way.


Your smile isn't something I coax from your lips anymore.

Your laugh no longer for me.

Witty one liners exchanged over dinner, well, im sure you know where this is going.


You've taken the one thing I treasured.

You've taken yourself from me.


And now as much as I struggle.

As much as I scream.

As much as I cry.


It looks like the end is coming.


And I'm just so fucking scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment